Self Managed Superannuation Fund
How do I order a SMSF?
Simply fill in our form below. We will review all of your details and contact you with any questions. We will personally prepare your documents. You will receive your documents via email or express post.
- DIY Print: $319 (including GST)
- Hard Copy: $363 (including GST)
Q & A ??? Self Managed Superannuation Fund
The questions and answers below are for information purposes only and are not advice. You should arrange your own legal, accounting, financial and other advice.
1. How many members can a SMSF have?
2. Who can be a trustee of a SMSF?
- A corporate trustee;?? or
- Two or more individual trustees (in which case the primary purpose of the fund must be the provision of old-age pensions).
- Sole member fund
- Individual Trustees – there must be two trustees ??? the sole member and one other person (the sole member must not be an employee of the other trustee unless they are relatives).
- Corporate Trustee – the sole member must be either:
- The sole director of the Corporate Trustee; or
- One of a maximum of two directors of the company (the sole member must not be an employee of the other director, unless they are relatives).
- Multiple member fund
- Individual Trustees ??? all members must be trustees and each trustee must be a member of the fund.
- Corporate Trustee ??? each member must be a director of the Corporate Trustee and each director must be a member of the fund.
3. Are there any restrictions on who can be a trustee?
- They are an undischarged bankrupt;
- They have ever been convicted of an offence involving dishonesty (no matter where or when that offence was committed); or
- They have committed a serious breach of the SIS Act (resulting in a civil penalty order).
4. What are the advantages of having a corporate trustee of a SMSF?
- Removal of most of the risk of personal liability which individual trustees are exposed to (although the directors of a corporate trustee may be personally liable in certain circumstances).
- No need to incur the cost of transferring assets to the new trustees or changing names on investments and bank accounts when there is a change in members and therefore a change in trustees.
- Control of the fund is more certain in circumstances of death or incapacity of key members.
- While a corporate trustee is more expensive to set up at the outset, there are costs savings later, for example the ASIC annual statement fee is lower for a company whose sole purpose is to act as trustee of a SMSF ($54 compared to the usual $267 for a proprietary company).
5. Who can contribute to the fund?
6. What are Death Benefit Notices?
What are some of the features of our SMSF package?
The following are some of the features of our SMSF package. However the SMSF Trust Deed should be read in full to understand the relationship between the trustee and beneficiaries and how the SMSF works.
- ??All documents to establish the SMSF.
- Our documents are easy to read and understand.
- Each member has a choice of a Binding Death Benefit Notice, Non-binding Death Benefit Notice or a Death Benefit Agreement.
- You decide how you want the documents delivered to you.
- We give you a choice of us arranging stamping of the deed, or you can arrange it.
- We prepare your documents and call you if we have any questions.
- We can include your logo.
Show More features of this package
- ability to appoint individual or corporate trustee;
- choice over the way contributions are made and who can make them including employer and employee contributions, self-employed contributions, spouse salary sacrifice contributions;
- contribution splitting;
- Family Law flexibility – married couples who separate are able to divide superannuation interests as part of the overall property settlement. Our deed gives a discretion to the trustee to admit a non-member spouse to the fund and to set rules for their membership, and the member spouse has an overriding power to direct the trustee to transfer the non-member spouse???s interest to another superannuation fund;
- flexibility as it allows for changes in law without the need to change the terms of the trust deed.
Document Shop Delivery Options?
DIY Print - $319
We will deliver all documents to you via e-mail.
Hard copy - $363
We will print, bind and deliver all documents to you in a binder via courier.
SA: as from 1 July 2006 deeds are exempt from stamp duty in South Australia.
NT: $69* (includes GST and stamp duty of $25).??We will arrange stamping in the NT.??
What do I get if I order a SMSF?
- Trust Deed;
- Membership application forms;
- Death Benefit Notices for each member;
- Tax File Number notification forms for each Member;
- Consent to act as Trustee (individual trustees) or declaration of director (corporate trustee);
- Trustee???s minutes (individual trustees) or minutes of meeting of directors (corporate trustee);
- Investment Strategy;
- Statement to Contributing Employer and Application for Contributing Employer (if any);
- Register of Members, Register of Trustees and blank Death Benefit Notice forms;
- If you choose Hard Copy delivery ??? a binder.