Voluntary Deregistration of a Company
How do I order a Voluntary Deregistration of a Company?
Simply fill in our form below. We will review all of your details and contact you with any questions. We will personally prepare your documents. You will receive your documents via email or express post.
- DIY Print: $185 (including GST and ASIC fee)
- Hard Copy: $207 (including GST and ASIC fee)
The questions and answers below are for information purposes only and are not advice. You should arrange your own legal, accounting, financial and other advice.
1. When can a Proprietary Limited Company Voluntarily Deregister?
An Application for voluntary deregistration of a proprietary limited company can only be made if:
(a) all the members of the company agree to the deregistration; and
(b) the company is not carrying on business; and
(c) the company’s assets are worth less than $1,000; and
(d) the company has paid all fees and penalties payable under the Corporations Act (2001) Cth; and
(e) the company has no outstanding liabilities; and
(f) the company is not a party to any legal proceedings.
2. What is the process?
- The Company makes an application to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) for a voluntary deregistration of the Company.
- If the Company complies with all of the requirements for deregistration and ASIC have approved the application for deregistration, ASIC publish a notice about the proposed deregistration on ASIC’s Insolvency website.
- Subject to any response received by ASIC about the proposed deregistration from, for example any creditors of the Company, two months after the notice is published, ASIC can deregister the Company.
- ASIC will give notice of the deregistration to the applicant (either the Company, a director or member of the Company) as nominated on the application form.
- The whole process takes approximately 3 months.
Document Shop Delivery Options?
DIY Print $185
We will send the documents to you via e-mail
Hard copy $207
We will send the documents to you in hard copy via express post
What do I get?
You will receive:
- Circulating Members Resolution
- ASIC form 6010 (Application for Voluntary Deregistration of a Company)
We will lodge the ASIC form 6010 for you.